The National Rifle Association is one of the nation’s oldest civil rights and sportsman’s groups. No other pro-Second Amendment organization has done as much for the American gun owner than the NRA. I personally cannot get my head around the idea that corporations would attempt to “punish” law abiding American citizens as a result to political pressure and media backlash to the recent school shooting in Parkland, FL. It is shameful that they would blame a third party for responsibilies for which it had no control over.
Here is NRA’s OFFICIAL RESPONSE to this:
The more than five million law-abiding members of the National Rifle Association have enjoyed discounts and cost-saving programs from many American corporations that have partnered with the NRA to expand member benefits.
Since the tragedy in Parkland, Florida, a number of companies have decided to sever their relationship with the NRA, in an effort to punish our members who are doctors, farmers, law enforcement officers, fire fighters, nurses, shop owners and school teachers that live in every American community. We are men and women who represent every American ethnic group, every one of the world’s religions and every form of political commitment.
The law-abiding members of the NRA had nothing at all to do with the failure of that school’s security preparedness, the failure of America’s mental health system, the failure of the National Instant Check System or the cruel failures of both federal and local law enforcement.
Despite that, some corporations have decided to punish NRA membership in a shameful display of political and civic cowardice. In time, these brands will be replaced by others who recognize that patriotism and determined commitment to Constitutional freedoms are characteristics of a marketplace they very much want to serve.
Let it be absolutely clear. The loss of a discount will neither scare nor distract one single NRA member from our mission to stand and defend the individual freedoms that have always made America the greatest nation in the world.
Anyone with any sense at all can see that this is nothing but a vicious labeling from the anti-gun lobby, who is attempting to undermine their greatest enemy. I personally have friends who work at headquarters. Death threats are not unusual, but these threats increase when this type of hype and rhetoric are cranked up. I say that we as responsible, law abiding American gun owners must rise to the occasion and use this as a means to promote pro-Second Amendment legislation and discontinue our support for any business, great or small, who does not support our God-given right to defend ourselves. (Hint: Government didn’t give it to us, they just codified it.) So here’s your to do list:
- Start by joining the NRA (click here for discounted memberships), or renew or upgrade your membership (Life membership is currently $600 on sale)
- Discontinue using companies who have stopped giving NRA members a discount or who have ended their partnerships with the NRA.
Here’s the list of companies that have dropped NRA deals:
*Delta Air Lines: The company axed discounted rates for NRA members.
*United Airlines: United ended an offer of discounted flights for NRA members traveling to their annual meeting.
*Enterprise Holdings: The parent company of car rental brands Enterprise, Alamo and National is ending discount deals with the NRA within a few weeks.
*Hertz: Like Enterprise, car rental company Hertz is ending discounts to NRA members.
*Avis and Budget: The company that owns the Avis and Budget rental car firms also plans to end discounts for NRA members.
*Symantec: The cybersecurity company’s LifeLock identity theft protection service for businesses and its Norton anti-virus software had both offered discounts to NRA members. Those deals are off.
*TrueCar: The online car-buying service is ending its deal for NRA members, who previously saved an average of nearly $3,400 off the retail price of new and used vehicles.
*MetLife: The insurer had offered discounts to NRA members on auto and home policies before axing the deal.
*SimpliSafe: The home security company had offered a special promotion to NRA members, but that ended Friday.
*First National Bank of Omaha: The financial institution cut an NRA-branded Visa credit card.
source USA Today
- Take action! Contact your Federal lawmakers (who work for you) and ask them to oppose any and all gun control measures. Rather than address the real issues, like the broken mental health system, our inability to provide adequate school protection and the lack of accountability of local, Federal and State law enforcement agencies…the anti-gun lobby always runs to restrict law abiding citizens from their right to legally defend themselves. You can contact your lawmakers with a handy link that NRA-ILA has created.
- Get trained! There’s nothing that fuels the anti-gun lobby more than an NRA member or a Concealed Carry Permit holder making a mistake with a firearm. YOU MUST BE TRAINED! And you must maintain your training level. We recently held our Every Day Carry 1 Course with some very seasoned shooters. They were challenged and made aware of many gaps in their own training. All of them left that course with their eyes open and ready to train even harder to get to and maintain life-saving levels of knowledge, skills and attitude. If you are new to handguns, take an NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Course.
- Get your Concealed Carry Permit! It starts with taking the class, which is required by state law. We will train you the right way, both with your handgun and when it comes to the law. Read what others have said regarding our classes.
- Share this list with others. Last, but not least, others will be as proactive as you are. If you move to take action, so will they. Below are links that will enable you to share on social media, email, etc. Blast this out.
I rarely post anything like this, but we as Americans MUST take a stand. If not, they will eventually get our gun rights. We can’t passively sit back and rely on our elected officials to make the right decision. They need and want to hear from you. If they do not want to hear from you, they need to hear us loud and clear from the ballot box. If you are not registered to vote, add “Get registered to vote” to your list above. Instructions to do this are here.
This is nothing more than, yet, another attack from the anti-gun movement. It is only one calculated attack of many more to come. We, as Americans who own guns, have the fight of our life on our hands. You can do nothing and hope it all blows away. You can look at the aftermath and wonder what happened. Or, you can join me in taking every opportunity to exercise freedom and the God-given rights that made America what She has always been. God bless.